Palm Acid Oil(PAO)
- Palm Acid Oil (PAO) is a by-product from the chemical refining of palm oil.
- It consists mainly of FFA (over 50%) and neutral oil, with 2-3% moisture and other impurities.
- The main uses of PAO are in are animal feeds, in soap making and for distilled fattyacid production.
Palm Kernel Shell(PKS)
- Palm kernel shells (or PKS) are the shell fractions left after the nut has been removed after crushing in the Palm Oil mill.
- Compared to other residues from the industry, it is a good quality biomass fuel with uniform
- size distribution, easy handling, easy crushing, and limited biological activity due to low moisture content.
- Palm kernel shells contain residues of Palm Oil, which accounts for its slightly higher heating value than average lignocellulosic biomass.
Palm fibre is a superior substitute to coconut fibre due to its strong bond that are commonly used in making :
- Mattress and cushion production
- Moulded wares and composite material production
- Medium density fiberboard manufacturing
- Paper and pulp production
- Acoustics control